Science, History and Art are Never Apart! Join us for a FREE Downtown walking tour that celebrates some of Gainesville’s top cultural organizations on Saturday February 25, 2017 from 1 to 4 p.m.
The 3rd Annual Cotton-to-the-Cade Walking Tour is a popular, family-friendly program that includes 10+ stops along Depot Avenue. Visit www.cademuseum.org/cotton-to-the-cade-2017 for more details. Activities/booths include:Hands-on science experiments with the Cade Museum.
- Site tour of the historic Cotton Club Museum and Cultural Center (plus gospel choir music with an opportunity to join in a song-a-long)
- Comic book art from Sequential Artists Workshop (SAW)
- African-American Art with the Harn Museum of Art
- History of the Baird Building and beautiful art by Akira Wood
- Energy production light display with Gainesville Regional Utilities at Make.Work/The Tech Toybox (followed by a tour of the building under renovation)
- History with the Matheson History Museum
- Fossils from the Florida Museum of Natural History
- Chance to talk about community outreach with the Gainesville Police Department
- Hands-on construction activities with Oelrich Construction, Inc